The 2018 CrossFit Open is coming! Starting on February 22nd, the Open will run for 5 consecutive weeks, with workouts coming out every Thursday and scores needing to be submitted by the following Monday. This is a way for us to measure progress on a global scale. Many members find that comparing their scores, performances, and modifications from year to year is very helpful and motivating!
We will be running the Open workouts every Friday and Monday afternoon at 4:30pm at the Wood, as well as at TuckFit every Saturday morning. Members are also welcome to complete them anytime during those days at Open Gym. This is also a great way to meet and interact with other members at the gym. The supportive and encouraging environment at these classes is above and beyond what we typically see in class and it’s an awesome sight to see everyone test the work they’ve put in all year.
SIGN UP! ACTUALLY signing up does matter! It makes us all try a little harder when we know we’re going to be judged and will submit our scores. It add a layer of accountability for every! So, do it! Follow these steps to sign up!
- Go to games.crossfit.com and login or create a new account.
- Click on the OPEN link and click SIGN UP!
- Follow the registration steps. Register as part of CROSSFIT CRAIC DEDHAM as your affiliate! (NOT CrossFit Craic… if you’ve already done this you can log back in and make changes)
- Once you’ve completed registration, make sure you are part of our team as well: TEAM CRAIC DEDHAM.
- The deadline to sign up is February 26th, the final day to submit scores for 18.1.
We would love for EVERYONE to sign up! Workouts will be written as “Rx” and “scaled” so we’ll all be able to work on something in them! And remember, it’s okay if it’s hard 😉